Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Phase 2: Go to Black


Next up: Inks! Using a #1 nib, I start inking in the sketch. You'll notice this is where the detail bits get thrown in. I never bother with those in the initial sketch. I like to block out angles and general shapes there and get down to the nitty gritty with the ink.

Two notes: These are hippocampuses, not hippogriffs as I posted last (At least I got hippo...) Also, I give hippocampuses hooves. I see a lot of drawings of them with these little, delicate flippers on the end of their giant, powerful legs. Looks like they wouldn't last long to me!

One more note: This was the first drawing I'd ever done with horses in it. Just never done it before. I had to do a lot of research on how horses are put together for this drawing. I'm happy with it, though!

Next time: We conquer the Chatuea!

No comments:

Post a Comment